Well done to the runners who took part in yesterday’s Ridgeway Relay – tad warm!
Motavation – this Thursday
The third race in the Mota-vation series is this Thursday evening (29th June) at 7:30pm, so the usual Thursday evening club run from the leisure centre won’t be taking place.
For those who have entered the Mota-vation series:
- If you ran at either of the previous races, remember to bring your race number with you. We keep the same number for the whole series;
- If you have entered but didn’t run the first race, arrive in good time to collect your number before the start;
- 7:30pm race start at Combe Recreation Ground, Park Road, Combe, OX29 8NA.
What3Words: https://w3w.co/tennis.serves.awakening ;
- The course is one lap and just under 4 miles long;
- If you can bring a reusable cup/bottle for water after the race, that will help the organisers to cut down on the number of disposable cups they throw away;
- Enjoy it, and see you there!
Any questions ask Alan.
Greenbelt Relay – Saturday 8th July – more runners required
As mentioned a few weeks ago Sophie Dale has kindly volunteered to take on getting a team(s) sorted for the inaugural Greenbelt relay.
We need a team of 8 to run legs of between 4.7 and 9 miles exploring the Oxfordshire countryside of Risinghurst, Toot Baldon (nice pub!), Radley, Cummor, Beckley.
If you fancy it or want more details message Sophie.
With the race only 3 weeks away we need to ensure we have a full team.
Alchester 5k – Your Club Needs You!
On the evening of Wednesday 9th August, the club hosts its annual 5k race in Marsh Gibbon. For further information go to: Alchester 5k
To ensure that this event is a success, we need the help of all of our club members, family and friends. Money raised from the race goes back into the club.
We need around 40 marshals – so please let Mike Fisher know if you (or a family member / friend) can help.
Remember if you want to enter the London Marathon ballot at the end of the year, then you need to have volunteered for the club at least once – so now’s your opportunity!
As a thank you marshals are invited to join the race committee for a drink after the race.
If you want to run then please do, as we want the race to sell out. To enter go to: Alchester 5k Race Entries
– Pace improvement night as normal on Tuesday evening. 6:50pm for a 7pm start.
– There’s a committee meeting tonight so if anything further comes through we’ll send an update.
Have a good week