3 important bits this week plus the club night calendar so have a read through.
Motavation 4 – Combe II
The fourth race in the Mota-vation series is this Thursday evening (27th July) at 7:30pm, so the usual Thursday evening club run from the leisure centre won’t be taking place.
For those who have entered the Mota-vation series:
- If you ran at any of the previous races, remember to bring your race number with you. We keep the same number for the whole series;
- If you have entered but haven’t yet run any of the races, arrive in good time to collect your number before the start;
- 7:30pm race start at Combe Recreation Ground, Park Road, Combe, OX29 8NA.
What3Words: https://w3w.co/tennis.serves.awakening ;
- It’s the same race HQ and parking as last month, but a totally different race route on different roads. This month it’s a two lap course, and just over 4 miles long;
- If you can bring a reusable cup/bottle for water after the race, that will help the organisers to cut down on the number of disposable cups they throw away;
- Enjoy it, and see you there!
Any questions ask Alan.
Marsh Gibbon, Wednesday 9th August 19.00
One week to go for online entries, which close on 31.07.2023. Enter here: https://www.runbritain.com/entries/EnterRace.aspx?evid=7bbe0ecf5971&erid=7db50ec85862
Didn’t get a PB at Waddesdon 5k?? Then now is your chance to try again on a nice flat course! Best race of the year to run as you get all your club members cheering you on all the way round!
Look forward to seeing you there.
Alchester 5k Race Committee
#RunAndTalk – Mental Health Programme
England Athletics has a programme in partnership with MIND to promote mental health and well-being through running and other physical activity. Local clubs can join the #RunAndTalk programme by appointing one or more Mental Health Champions and signing up to a charter to encourage discussion of mental health issues, provide inclusive opportunities to use running as a means to improve or maintain mental health, and to signpost local sources of support where appropriate. You can find more details at https://www.englandathletics.org/take-part/programmes/runandtalk/
If you are interested in becoming a Mental Health Champion for Alchester, please let Sue Morris know (email@example.com, or speak to her at a club night). We will need to submit an application to England Athletics in August to join the #RunAndTalk programme for this year.
We are planning to organise a themed run and social during #RunAndTalk week (9-16 October 2023). More details to follow in the autumn. Any other ideas for how the club can support better mental health and well-being throughout the year are very welcome too.
– Tuesday 25Jul23 – Whitelands (18:50 to start at 19:00)
– Thursday 27Jul23 – Combe II, Motavation – no club run from the sports centre
– Tuesday 01Aug23 – Whitelands (18:50 for 19:00 start)
– Thursday 03Aug23 – club run from sports centre – 18:50 for prompt 19:00 start. Relaxed run group will be in place, just drop us a note via Facebook if coming
If anything changes in the coming weeks we’ll let you know.
Hopefully see a good turnout on Thursday & have a good week.