Quite a short update this week but very important details about the social on Thursday which replaces our normal club run from the back of the Sports Centre. Details of another social gathering next week too.
Social Run – Farmoor – Thursday 13th July
Our next social run is this Thursday & will replace the usual club session. We will meet outside at Farmoor Reservoir, OX2 9PA at 6:50pm. The route will be round the reservoir, all on tarmac. A shorter relaxed route will be available, so there should be something for everyone not matter how far or fast you want to go. It currently looks like the only completely non-rainy day of the week so hope to see you all there taking advantage of the dry weather
The run is focused on social so no pb’s, just a good opportunity to run somewhere different and have a chat.
The plan for after the run is to go to Valley Farm Pizza for an alfresco pizza and a drink; for those who don’t like pizza (weirdos…) they have also just started doing burgers as well, more info can be found here: FarmBox Burger. A change of clothes particularly into something warm is highly recommended.
If you are coming for pizza/burgers; please preorder your pizza by emailing Xenia at Valleyfarmpizza@outlook.com with Alchester in the subject and she will arrange for our pizzas to be ready circa 8pm when we get to her. If you don’t pre-order we cannot guarantee food will be available.
Club Nights – July
– Tuesday 11th – Whitelands (meet at 18:50 for 19:00 start)
– Thursday 13th – Farmoor social
– Tuesday 18th – Whitelands with usual meeting time
– Thursday 20th – back of sports centre (meet at 18:50 for 19:09 start)
– Tuesday 25th – Whitelands with usual meet time
– Thursday 27th – Combe II Motavation
– One other date is Wednesday 19th – Waddesdon 5k and we plan to go for a drink (venue TBC) afterwards.
If you want to enter a fast flat & very local 5k entries for Alchester remain open. Link below.
Thanks to those who have already volunteered to marshal.
Have a good week