Andy Reading 10kmIt is with regret the Andy Reading Race Committee has decided to cancel this year's event (which had been scheduled for 13 December). We hope to be able to rekindle this event for 2021.
The Andy Reading Memorial 10km Road Race is hosted jointly by Alchester Running Club and Bicester Athletics Club and is held in memory of Andy Reading, a former member of our Club.
The course is a flat 10km on local roads around the village of Chesterton, near Bicester, and the route takes in RAF Weston on the Green. The race starts and finishes at the Bicester Sports Association HQ in Chesterton. The postcode for the venue for 'sat nav' is OX26 1TE.
All queries should be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Profits from the race will be donated to The Humingbird Cancer Support and Therapy Centre, Bicester
Thanks to everyone who helped out on the day and all the runners. Results are available here:
Andy Reading 10k 2019 8th December
And you can also download the full results here.
Please read the important note about race photography below:
As in previous years, Barry Cornelius plans to take photographs of this race for publication on his website www.oxonraces.com and for possible use by the press. You will be able to download his photos free of charge.
If you do not wish your image to appear as a significant part of any photograph that he publishes on the web or provides to the press, you should put a large thick red cross across your race number.
If you are under 18, please ensure that your parent/carer is happy for photos of you taken at the race to be published on the web.
If you or your parent/carer do not wish photos of you to be published on the web, please add a large thick red cross to your race number.
Red markers will be provided at the Race HQ for this purpose.
? 2016 Race Photos Courtesy of Barry Cornelius
? 2015 Race Photos Courtesy of Barry Cornelius
? 2014 Race Photos Courtesy of Barry Cornelius
? 2013 Race Photos Courtesy of Barry Cornelius
It would be appreciated if you could credit Barry Cornelius for photos used.
- Entrants are required to abide by the Race Rules and marshals? directions. Entrants for the 10k must be amateur, and 15 years or older on race date. The race will be held under UK Athletics rules
- Entries to the Andy Reading 10k are personal to the applicant, entry fees are non-refundable and non-deferrable. Any runner who competes in another person?s race number will be disqualified.
- The race organisers reserve the right to refuse or cancel applications, including duplicate applications, or alter the date of the event, the course route or distance
- The race organisers, sponsors, charities, suppliers and/or their agents will not be liable for any injury, loss or expense which may arise in consequence of your participation in this event save as to negligence
- All runners are required to complete the personal, contact and health details form on the back of their race number.
- No wheeled vehicles (pram?s, buggies etc), dogs, following cycles, alcohol or tobacco allowed
- You must not race wearing headphones, you need to be fully aware of the surroundings. Any persons doing so will be disqualified
- Race marshals and medical team members have the authority to disqualify and remove any runner they consider to be acting dangerously, or to be unfit to compete
- Disqualified runners will be removed from the race results, banned from future Andy Reading 10k's and reported to UK Athletics
- Runners are required to give assistance to fallen runners, and to report any casualties immediately to the nearest first aid post or race marshal
- In the event of any dispute the decision of the Race Referee and Race Director shall be final
- Runners are required to collect their number and chip on the day of the race.
- The moment you enter our race we start to incur administration costs and banking charges, simply in processing your entry and payment. We also incur further charges in administering cancellations and processing refund payments.
- In the event that the race is cancelled for circumstances beyond our control before the 30th September then all race entry fees will be refunded. If the race is cancelled due to bad weather making either the course unsafe or car parking unavailable then no refunds will be given and any profits will be given to the nominated race charity and local groups.
- Furthermore most races do not offer any form of refund at all if a runner decides to cancel their place because of injury, illness, lack of training or change of plan. There are many other instances of higher priced services, such as plane, train or theatre tickets where no refunds can be given for cancellation in these circumstances.
- Running in someone else?s race number can have very serious consequences if the runner suffers a medical emergency ? we have had cases where we have been unable to identify or contact families of runners who have suffered potentially life-threatening conditions whilst using someone else?s race number. The accuracy of the race results is also affected when runners are placed in the wrong age and sex category.